Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 279 - October 7, 2012 - I can only stay for 10 minutes :(


Today is one of four Sundays I'm working for the Fall season. I don't know if I'm going to take any Sundays for the Winter or Spring. I like them they aren't bad and they are just 4 hours and the overtime paycheck definitely beefs up our checking account. On the other hand it is a minor drag having to come in, so we'll see if I do anymore, or if I just choose to have the time off in the future. Both the money and the time off have some value to them so it's hard to really choose the right course of action. I took a 10:28 train to come in, Shawn was going to drop me off but I wanted him to get some sleep (even though we both had a weird night of sleep interruptions). I hacked a lung while sleeping, something common for me during the night, Shawn kept waking up, phantom barged into the bedroom at 8 AM so I could feed her and let her out. I got into Lynbrook around 11 and was hoping to get  bus right away. But Sundays are slower for buses so a bus didn't come as fast it would during the week day or a Saturday. By the time I got to Starbucks it was closer to 12 and work started at 12:30. After I used their bathroom and got both my orders of a chai tea latte, and cinnamon dolce cafe misto (to get me through my work hours because I didn't take my thermos) I only had 10 minutes to chill out and read my book before walking to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment