Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 101 - April 11, 2012 - Middle aged white Mo-town man


I met my cousins at the cup. I rarely get to see my cousin Christina and her niece, my second cousin Maria was visiting from Delaware on Spring Break. It was all the more reason to hang out with my cousin who lives so close that I rarely get to see. It was extremely amateur open mic night. Mr. Middle Aged White Man who definitely didn't belong singing Mo-town music opened up the night singing Mo-town music. It was pretty funny to see, I took his photo. I was tempted to ask him if he had a CD, I'd totally rock it in my car, seriously his second song was very good. I actually decided to get up on the mic and do a very brief stand up comedy routine. I improved it, sometimes I do make people laugh, most of it is by random improv jokes that I come up with off the top of my head relating to what we are talking about. I might actually do some more stand up comedy it was pretty fun, and wasn't fail sauce for me. I've kind of always wanted to do it, so I think I might make it an occasional open mic thing for some fun. My cousin might work with me and play some music to my jokes since she seems to be musically inclined with random uncommon instruments, her pride is playing the ukele or the accordion.

No comments:

Post a Comment