Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 259 September 17, 2012 The end of a looooonnnnngggg work day which is all my fault


As of this writing I've done something pretty dumb in regards to my work schedule on a once a week basis, since the two weeks I've started back to work after the wedding. Hopefully my honeymoonesia ends after this. On this particular day after barely sleeping at all I got up at 5:45 AM, schlepped to the station I actually paid for a taxi and got to work. It turns out the library was closed from 9 to 1 because of Rosh Hashanah. I knew the library was scheduled to be open 1 to 9 but I had not paid attention to the schedule and thought we had a delayed opening and that we were having staff meetings in the morning. It turns out the library was just closed, so at 8:30 in the morning I ended up setting off the building alarm while attempting to get into work. I ended up calling my mom and spending time with her for a few hours, then going back to work. I thought I was working a short day until 5 PM but I was on schedule until 9. I was kind of humiliated and mad at myself for not double checking anything. Took a lot of coffee plus a monster energy drink to make it through this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment