Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 269 - September 27, 2012 - Look into my eyes when I'm mad at myself


This is my second stupid work mistake since heading back to work. I also hate this photo lol. I got to the train station, I was waiting on the platform. I thought the train that was the 11:15, the one I was supposed to take, was the 11:10 express train. So I just stood there as people boarded the train. It wasn't until after the doors closed and the train pulled away that I realized, "Hey I think that was my train!" So my stupid ass had to wait for an 11:45 train that only went to Rockville Centre. I probably should have just waited for the 12:15 train going to Lynbrook. I would have still been late to work but maybe just by 15 minutes instead of almost a half hour. I got to Rockville Centre and then ended up walking to a bus stop by King Kullen that apparently no longer existed. So I had to back track to a bus stop I knew was there and got to that stop just as one N4 pulled away. Another N4 didn't come again until 1 PM exactly. My luck changed slightly when I got on the bus. I was given a seat, probably because the guy thought I was pregnant, many people think I'm pregnant, but I'm just kind of fat, then when I got to Lynbrook an N32 pulled up which meant that I didn't have to walk a few blocks the bus would just stop directly in front of the library, which would make me less late. I got to work at 1:30 and cleared it with Milli to come in at 9:30 instead of 10 on Friday. The library has a system for full timers where if you are late you can take vacation time or make up the late time by staying a half hour extra. Luckily this morning (9/28/12 the date I'm updating blog entries since September 17) I was still able to take the train I would have taken to get in by 10 and I still had time to get some starbucks for Mary and I before coming in at 9:30. I've now established I'd be cutting time just a little bit close especially if there was an LIRR delay but things would be a lot easier if I could work 9:30 to 5:30, I could wake up so much later, just one half hour makes a difference as to how much time I get to sleep. I'm pondering asking Milli if it would be okay for me to work 9:30 to 5:30 instead of 9 to 5 I don't know if she and the director would let me have those hours. It would help a lot, I'd get to sleep until 7 every day. It's pretty tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment