Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 120 - April 30, 2012 - *Sigh* hopefully I'll sell you!


The gears in my head are always turning out new or old ideas to possibly make some money for myself in addition to my work income and to possibly create something that does well enough for me to work part time hours only. Currently I've got an idea floating around to be a traveling barista, my friend wants to hire me to do an actual paid gig this summer - last summer I did two jobs but they were for free - one at my engagement party and one at my friend's birthday party, the same friend who's looking to actually hire me out this summer. The other idea I always have in my head, an idea I probably should really not act upon - or if I do I should be smarter about it, is to resell designer items. I know some ways to get designer purses and duds for below retail value, and I can also sell designer items I own that I'm tired of to bring some bucks back to me from the purchase. I've always tried eBay to resell something, although it sometimes brings me a chunk of money there are listing fees and final value fees that take some of that money away. I'm also a retard I list my item at a low starting price and sometimes it takes off sometimes I have to end up selling it for a low price. So I picked up this coach wristlet in Loehmann's to hopefully resell. I think I can bring it back (Loehmann's actually gives you a very long time to return an unused or unwanted item) if I can't successfully sell it. It was fairly cheap for a coach item so I can also give it away to my godmother or someone I really care about. I'm going to try to list it on craigslist first. Craigslist doesn't get much exposure but there's no fees and there's cash in hand after the purchase is complete. I'm going to list at a high price but be open to some negotiations. If I'm lucky I'll bring in a small profit and can either put the money away or use it to purchase more deisgner items to resell. I really like to shop, I really like to find good deals, but I also don't really need anything at times so this reselling of the designer items thing could be useful for me to get my shopping in and to make money on it. I just need to be more careful, I need to buy clearance items and use coupons, or hunt around in thrift stores, or find items wholesale in order to make a good buck on this reselling of designer items dream I have going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment