Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 144 - May 24, 2012 - The gloomiest May


So I thought at some point in April that New York would get off easy this year and bypass what has happened in past years which I refer to as the gloomy month. Surprisingly there were hardly any rain showers in April, we had sunny days, some were warm, I thought we were going to smooth sail into Summer weather. I was wrong. I'm barely tanned, I still have sweaters on when I'm outside, NY should now be renamed Seattle because we've seen the sun maybe 5 times this whole month. I'm now an expert on driving in the rain and my umbrella has become my best friend. My only solace is that I'm at least driving and I don't have to trek around in this shit in between bus and train stops. I have to stop bitching after I'm done with this entry. I believe very strongly that when you keep bitching you invite negative energy into your life and bad things seem to happen more and more, but at the same time sometimes a bitch fest is needed so I'm going on one more daily blog rant before I calm myself down a little. So this morning apparently wasn't my morning either. I woke up early as I normally do on a Thursday only to find out that little Vincent wasn't going to be around this morning. I wanted to go back to bed because I was a little tired, but I was also really sad, maybe it's stress, maybe it's fatigue but I was very emotional this morning and as soon as Shawn left to go to work I started crying, the worst part is I can't really put a finger on what's wrong, there is nothing that is seriously wrong I was just sad. I got myself together and started to write in my digital journal because writing helps me cope when I'm sad or troubled, my computer froze and I lost the entry for this morning. I talked to Shawn's mom a little bit before going to work, she woke up and I always end up talking to her about what's bothering me. I headed to work (I thought it was early enough) but there ended up being a considerable amount of traffic for late Thursday morning, early afternoon, when I stopped at Starbucks for coffee it also started to rain, so I ended up late to work. When I got to work there was no parking because the library employees have maybe 15 designated spots to park in and sometimes the patrons that are in the know will use our spots in the school district parking lot as well instead of parking in the main lot, so I ended up having to park on one of the side streets and walk to work. There are visitor parking spaces in the school district lot but I've heard mixed things about being allowed to park in a visitor space and I'm not taking my chances. I'd rather walk a little further and have peace of mind knowing my car won't get towed. Driving is great but it's made me realize how truly overpopulated Long Island really is right now. More and more homes are being chopped up into apartments, children are still sharing homes with their parents because they can't get out on their own because of this economy, there are many more cars on the road then ever before because mostly anyone who is driving age, has a license and can afford it has a car. At times when I used to bike ride and notice less traffic on the road I now notice more traffic on the road. There really shouldn't be that much traffic when I am coming to work on a Thursday morning for my night shift but there is, and there are still many people on the road at 9 PM when I leave work.

No comments:

Post a Comment