Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 143 - May 23, 2012 - Not my best night


Wasn't a good night at all after work. I even had to settle for using a photo I took on my cell phone (I prefer to actually shoot with my camera for these daily photos, but in a pinch if I didn't get a moment to shoot with my camera I will use a cell phone camera photo). I left work and had to get to Avis Lube in Farmingdale for an oil change. Shawn normally goes there so I didn't want to go to a different place just because it was close to work. I needed an oil change, I still had around 250 to 300 miles to go before it was actually due but we are planning to go to Delaware this weekend and if we take my car the oil change needed to be done or I would go over the miles I had left before it was due. So naturally I got myself a little lost going to Avis Lube (even though I've driven through Farmingdale before and am a little bit familiar with the roads) because almost every new place I end up driving too I get lost going to because I miss a turn or something. I had to make some u-turns on route 109 to get back to Avis Lube because it turned out to be on the corner of Main and Fulton and I ended up missing it. I was really scared to make the U-turns I really don't like to make U-turns on busy roads. I got to Avis right on time before they closed. Then I followed Shawn to a diner for dinner, then he explained how I could get back to the Middle School for the board meeting I had to cover. His directions were good after the poor guy gave them to me like 5 times I was able to remember what to look for, only problem, when I got to the middle school there was no board meeting. I ended up finding out there was a board recognition program going on at the high school. So I drove to the high school after getting two sets of directions and using the GPS on my phone, only to get there as the recognition program was over and my story was missed. Then I went to go home to meet Shawn because I was too scared to drive down main street, turn on Carmens Road and end up on Sunrise Highway to get to the movie theatre in Merrick where he was going to see Dark Shadows with Dave. I am such a pansie about Sunrise Highway I haven't driven much on it and for some reason I'm really afraid every time I might have to go on it. It took me longer to get home from Farmingdale then it took Shawn to drive back and meet me from Baldwin. I ended up going out to the wrong parking lot when I left the high school, then I ended up going the wrong way on Main Street and had to turn around to go back home. I was really upset during the movie so I only half paid attention to it when we got back to Merrick to go to the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment