Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 159 - June 8, 2012 - Impromptu PHaniversary Festivities!


It's my 18th phaniversary today! 18 years ago at this time (I'm writing this post at 5:32 PM) I was either getting off the bus from my school's field trip, or I was riding the bus back to my elementary school enamored by what I had just seen. On June 8, 1994 the start of all this phantom madness for me, I took a trip with my elementary school to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. I don't know if Meadow Elementary School still does this but they used to take the graduating elementary school class on a field trip to see a Broadway Show. The powers that be at the time (the wonderful powers that they were) decided my graduating class was going to see phantom. Debbie Anderson from my mom's church actually lent me her phantom of the opera tapes (this was back when cassettes were still predominantly used). After being hooked on the title song I listened to her cassettes over and over and over and over again. So when the field trip day finally arrived I had known all the music already except the pieces that weren't featured on the OLC. 18 years later I'm still obsessed!

Today was kind of sad, I knew my phaniversary was coming up but I made no official plans to have any sort of celebration. I kept thinking I've got to something small, and it crept up on me. Today when I got to work and noticed the calendar I was like "Oh crap! It's my Phaniversary it slipped my mind". Last year and the year before I still had to go work on that day but I at least wore my phantom of the opera earrings to work (even though it isn't quite professional). This year I don't even have the earrings on.

I did end up doing little phantomy things for the day anyway. I had to pick a sexy phantom for the month so I named Jeff Keller (the first phantom I saw). I read a little bit of the latest phan phiction I've been reading on my kindle (Jennifer Linforth's latest in the ablendied series), and when I go home tonight I'm playing one of my phantom of the opera soundtracks while I'm driving home. This might be it for the festivities though we'll see what happens. I'm very tired so I think I'm going to hit the bed for an hour or two when I get home, once I wake up and take the edge off from little sleep I'm going to give myself a pedicure. Maybe I'll watch one of my phantom of the opera dvds, or hit the supermarket and create black and white phantom brownies with my brownie bar pan, or finish this novel on my kindle or pick up one of the hard copy phan phiction books I have at home and read it. We'll see, here's to an impromptu extremely mellow phaniversary. I'll make it smashing because I'm definitely going to throw a party for my 25th phaniversary in a few years. So I'll make up for the mellowed out phaniversaries I've been having.

No comments:

Post a Comment