Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 178 - June 27, 2012 - My first batch of home roasted beans


This was one of the rare photos I took with my cell phone camera because I forgot to whip out my real camera at some point in the day for a photo. Chris and Randi gave me three bags of green coffee beans and a wok so I can do stove top roasting at home. I also got a book about home roasting which I'm in the process of reading. I was anxious to experiment with the roasting though and the book doesn't cover the stovetop roasting with a wok so after a brief online search and some youtube viewing I attempted to roast my own beans with the wok. As Chris predicted I messed up this batch, the coffee was alright tasting but not wonderful. Over time I'll get to roast better but practice will make it perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment