Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 163 - June 14, 2012 - Deceptive emptiness


I was in a bad mood all day, I think I was tired, the rainy weather didn't help, I was also late to work and had to stay later. I met my friend Janell, her sister in law and her nephew for dinner, then I took Janell to the cup. Normally I have a great time at the cup but this particular night it was a down hill visit. My cousin was supposed to meet us and she didn't show up, I was in a pissed off mood because of various random things, so I opted for the coffee I couldn't even eat my standard dessert of peanut chunk pie because when I'm upset it's really hard for me to get food down. So I didn't even order it I just took coffee. I took a photo of the phantom peanut butter chunk pie that I wasn't to enjoy that evening along with the drained coffee cup. The cup serves their coffee in clear glasses, after I took the photo I pointed out to Janell that it looks like a bar with an empty beer glass, despite the fact that we were in a coffee house. Then we started talking about how photos have the ability to deceive sometimes depending on the angle and frame, plus the lighting that the photographer is working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment