Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 33 - February 2, 2012 - Goodbye car keys! Goodbye!


I didn't really throw my car keys in the trash, although I'm sure after some sitting on my desk that's what's going to happen to them. I did place them in an empty garbage bin to stage this photo though. As you might be guessing from the title of this entry and the photo of the car keys in the trash, sadly Garnier has been declared totaled by Geico. We are getting back the value of what we paid for the car in a check, but for now and probably for a very long time I'm carless again. The driving and car ownership was fun for the five days that it lasted. I think Shawn's brother wants us to start hunting for a very basic, very cheap car again, something that I can practice driving with but won't be such a hurtful loss if I end up banging it up again due to a stupid mistake and misjudgement like what caused this accident in the first place. I don't think I want to car hunt again for awhile though, this took so much time for this car to be gone in the span of five minutes. Shawn and I just have too much to do with this wedding, I've survived without a car for so long and although having a car to drive is great I can continue to manage without one for awhile longer. So we'll see but I'd rather wait until summer to hunt for a car again.

No comments:

Post a Comment