Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 10 - January 10, 2012 - Monthiversary mini cupcakes

Shawn and I celebrated our 18 months together! I don't know yet what we are going to do after the wedding. If we will still celebrate monthiversaries or just yearly anniversaries on our wedding date. He cooked dinner and I made some dessert, I busted out a mini cupcake maker he bought me for a monthiversary present because I didn't get to use it yet. These cupcakes ended up being yellow cupcakes with chocolate icing. I impressed myself greatly with the cupcake maker, it was easy to use and very successful. For a very long time I've been doubting my baking abilities. When I was in High School/Early College I actually baked pretty well. Then I must have had some slump because I tried out a few recipes and they were pretty much fail. So for many years I gave up on the idea of baking figuring it just wasn't for me anymore. The cupcake maker has restored my confidence so perhaps in the future I'll start trying out some recipes from scratch again.

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you happy to keep celebrating months, even well into your marriage, I say go for it! It's nice to celebrate your love for each other any way you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! Celebrating the love helps to keep things good too, it's something very positive!

    ReplyDelete