Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 21 - January 21, 2012 - Nonny is 85


It was Nonny's 85th birthday last week. Terry got sick so we couldn't throw her the party on her actual birthday as planned, so we threw her a surprise party a week later. We didn't think we fooled her but apparently we did because she still thought we were eating at a restaurant and meeting at the house until she walked in the door. I'm really grateful for Shawn's family, right now his family is being family enough for us both. Sadly most members of my family are completely flipping out and it pains me but I'm keeping my distance from them again, they are only going to hurt me if I try to make an effort to be close to them. My brother is alright, so are a few of my cousins but I've barely spoken to anyone, maybe things will get straightened out but until the lunatic family members I have actually make a move to grow up I have to take major space from them. Thankfully we had a great party for Nonny with lots of happiness, I'm so glad I'm marrying Shawn and that his family is pretty sane and very welcoming to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment