Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 15 - January 15, 2012 - This car search has come to an end

Since right after Christmas on some off days I have taken a spot in the back of Yosef's jeep while Shawn sat up front. We've been car hunting! This car hunt felt like it was frustrating and eternal. We drove from spot to spot, from used car dealer to used car dealer, to various private sellers, to creepy shady people who posed as private sellers, looked at car after car after car only to realize that each car we saw had some kind of problem. We became frustrated. We wanted to throw in the towel and give it it all up. I was so ready to just accept a fate of commuting and think about getting a car another time. And then........

Doug called us after we got home! Doug was helping his parents sell their Hyundai Sonata. What a gem this car is! The car is white (the only color I had a potential car name for), it only had 57,000 miles on it, it was from 2002 with a sun roof, an automatic start and leather interior. We spoke with Doug, then Doug's parents. We took a look at the car, we test drove it, we were all impressed. Doug's parents seemed really nice. They were Irish too. Sadly they have to sell the car because Doug's father has Alzheimers and can not drive anymore. After the test drive we called Doug for negotiations and bought the car!!! So finally I have a car! Shawn and his brother are going to pick up Garnier (the name I picked for the car, named after Charles Garnier the architect of the Paris Opera House) later on tonight. I'm posting a picture of Garnier after this writing, it's not my picture it's the picture that Doug must have taken or maybe his parent's took it. I will have my own personal photos of Garnier after he comes home. I'm going to have to phantomize him, eventually I will get a personalized license plate too as long as the one I wish to have is still available when I'm ready to pay for it (I'm figuring if I get any birthday money I will use it to buy this personalized license plate). I think I might put PE in the car since I have stopped toting him around for location shots. I might also create a phantom bumper sticker!

This is Garnier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment