Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 23 - January 23, 2012 - After so much time and effort it's all gone!


Today was possibly one of the saddest, worst days of my life but yet still good somehow. After getting a car, after spending so much time and money to look for one and buy one....not even a week of driving on my own and I got into an accident. I was so sad, I was crying I couldn't believe I already got into an accident, I couldn't believe I did this to Shawn after he put so much faith into me. If that wasn't a traumatic enough experience, my mom flipped out and called Shawn's mother. She said all these crazy things to her, things that had nothing to do with the accident, things against Shawn that I couldn't believe she'd say. So I get into a car accident with my new car and you just go kick me when I'm down mom, real nice of you! At this point I'm very angry with many members of my family, beyond livid. I have no idea how they can be against Shawn so much, this man has been nothing but be the greatest partner I've ever asked for. I haven't done anything to make my family think he was bad, I never said anything bad about him to them, they see how happy I am with him, they see the things he does for me and they have to act out and try to ruin what I have with him. It has to be them, because none of my friends seem to feel this way or anyone else who has seen my relationship with Shawn. Even my friend Glenn who did get mad at Shawn had the decency to tell me that even though he was angry he sees how happy Shawn makes me and how good he treats me so he's happy in the fact that I'm happy. So why can't my own family support me instead of making things difficult?!?! I took this sad self portrait after I got home and showered when the accident scene was cleared and we spoke to the police. I was full of anxiety in this photo because I thought I was going to lose Shawn after what my mom had done. I ended up talking with Shawn and thankfully he was worried about me leaving him, so at the end of the day after a traumatic accident as a brand new driver and horrible actions from my mother I still had lots to be thankful for. I still had my love, at least his family is accepting of me, we've got a lot to deal with because of this accident but we'll handle it and eventually it shall be solved, we've also got the wedding plans to rethink but we'll manage that too. At least I am also alive and here to solve these problems instead of on a morgue slab somewhere. There are problems but they will be solved and I am eternally grateful to be alive because the accident could have been worse and I could have been dead. I am not bitching about the MTA even though I have to take it again until we see if the car is fixable, I am not bitching about my job because I'm happy to have one, my paychecks will help me get myself out of the debt that I've incurred, also I've woken up more to the pale value of material goods vs. intangible things that are worth so much more, it's definitely helpful to avoid the shopping trips and stores until I pay off some credit cards to work my way out of debt.

2 comments:

  1. Families can be tough. It's really hard when they don't approve of who you've chosen as a mate. But in the end, it's YOUR choice. And I've only seen you as happy as can be when I've seen you out with Shawn, and that's what matters. He makes YOU happy. Your family will come around. And even if they don't, it's their loss for not getting to know and love the man that you will be spending a very happy lifetime with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol mine is very tough, it's not just Shawn half of them have been this way long before he came into the picture. It's something I've got to deal with, currently I'm going to work on maintaining contact with the members of my family who aren't insane, I plan to call a few of them today and let them know in a mature manner that despite my fights with certain family I still want to maintain a good relationship with them.

    ReplyDelete