Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2 - January 2, 2012 - Semi-downward spiral already!


I'm currently feeling a little better but most of the day had me in a negative frustrated upset mood. I felt that the New Year was taking a minor downward spiral for me.

Yesterday the day started great, I had a wonderful brunch with Shawn's family. Everything was fine until Shawn and I were faced with a rather unpleasant dinner with a few people we went to dinner with. We came home really shocked at the events that occurred during dinner but we should have expected them to happen. This morning we were going to go car shopping but it was cancelled. That kind of made me more upset. I was worried that I'm never going to get a car now because we haven't found one and I'm worried that I'm going to be working too much to even have any time to go look at cars. So resigned and upset I took a walk. I went to Babylon Bean then to the cheese cellar (which was closed), then to the LIRR. I bought train tickets for the upcoming week. They were pretty expensive (fucking MTA). I probably should have gotten my usual monthly train pass but the car thing is still semi-up in the air and I really don't want to get a train pass and then find a car which results in a semi-wasted train pass. So tomorrow it's still the trains and a new bus system for Nassau County called NICE which I'm thinking may or may not be so NICE. The bus fare is supposed to stay the same, if we have metro cards (which I don't) we are still able to use them. The times for the buses I want to take still seem the same, but the big question is will they be on time or will I be stuck waiting and waiting and waiting for a bus after work.

After I bought my train tickets I decided to go back home. I wanted to go to NY& Co to return a dress but hte walk there was going to be a little long and my cell phone battery was dying. So I came home, Shawn woke up and I cried on his shoulder and talked to him a little. So now I feel a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment