Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 65 - March 6, 2012 - I'm a mess!


Covered a school district meeting tonight. This month my publisher wants budget pieces for Farmingdale and Plainedge school distrticts, she said I can write about the meetings but she really wants budget pieces. I came late for this meeting and I missed a lot of it so I don't know if I'm going to write about the meeting unless I get information from the person I contacted today. I felt like such a mess when I got into the meeting, I tried to drive to the meeting and only managed to drive halfway then Shawn had to take over. I sometimes get spells of double vision which is very dangerous if I'm trying to drive. If I'm driving a short distance I can shut one eye and make it home (usually if I shut one eye the double vision gets better and I see clear again), but it's not good if I'm trying to drive any sort of distance. I'm finally getting my eyes checked out on March 23 so hopefully I'll get corrective prismatic lens glasses while I strengthen my eye muscles (because I am pretty sure this double vision is an eye muscle problem). 

Everything that could go wrong for this meeting did, I got there late (a half hour late - yikes!), I missed what I felt was the most important part of the meeting. My digital recorder batteries were running low so I might have even missed recording some pieces from when I did get to the meeting, my purse was a mess, I didn't do so well driving there so I felt very messy. I took this photo in the bathroom after the meeting was over while I was waiting for Shawn to get me. Hopefully in April I can actually drive myself to these meetings, well see what happens with my eyes, and my confidence. Right now sometimes when I drive (more specifically when I drive at night) I'm a f#@king wreck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment