Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 80 - March 21, 2012 - Old School Diner


I test drove a great car at Westbury Jeep. Shawn wanted to close a deal with them and purchase the car. But when he went there today (3/22/12) the deal fell through. The dealership wouldn't agree to give us new tires with the car purchase. This car we found was going to be quite a bit of money, not a crazy amount, but to us it was a good amount. It was a dodge caliber from 2009. I'm sorry for what we were going to finance new tires would have been a drop in the bucket for them but they wouldn't do it. So we didn't get the car. I'm actually kind of glad, because I know a car that's pretty new is going to be safer and probably easier on our insurance, but I just want a car that's going to be reliable, that will last me a long time as long as I'm not in another accident. But I don't think I'm ready for a car that's anywhere under 5 years old yet, I think I would like to have a couple of years of driving under my belt before I buy a fairly recent car. So because the dealership wouldn't negotiate it probably worked out for the best. After we test drove the car we ended up at the empress diner for some dinner. I was fascinated with the old school floor. Shawn actually helped me with setting up this photo, without him I wouldn't have taken the picture of the booth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment