Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 78 - March 19, 2012 - Now carrying a third bag during my daily commute


Reluctantly I started carrying a lunch bag to work with me again. I can't wait to get a good car that I can drive to work with so I can put my three bags in my car and leave them there until I get to work. For anyone who doesn't know the car we picked up has an extremely rusty undercarriage. Mechanically it's a great car, but because of the rust if a mechanic tries to repair anything certain parts that are very rusty could fall apart which will cause more damage then the initial repair. The car definitely needs breaks, I'm driving on borrowed time every time I take the car somewhere. So even though I'm definitely ready to drive to work again I still can't. I have to drive the car to the train station in the morning, park, pull out my three bags, and then travel on the train and two buses, or one bus when I go to work on Thursday, Saturday or Sunday. I could not carry this bag, but then it limits my lunch time options. My sandwiches that I do bring could be squished in my regular work tote that I lug around, forget bringing fruit without this bag that would be squished in no time. In the afternoon when my food items are eaten I can throw this bag into my tote bag to minimize the carrying on the commute home. Currently we are trying to trade in the subaru for something more reliable that I can start taking to work again. I've had my license for a little over three months and I'm currently looking to find a third car. This is not cool, I hope this third car is a charm, that I don't have an accident with it, and that it will last me a long ass time without any problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment