Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 67 - March 8, 2012 - I will visit you to take photos sometime very soon I hope


So on my short almost daily drives to the train station and back I have been parking in the lot next to the rail road station and aggravating the hell out of myself and the parking lot attendant. The attendant is very mean, you pay him $3 to park your car for the day, you also pay $3 to park in a tight ass parking spot and in my case and I'm sure the case of a few other drivers I also paid $3 to be yelled at and intimidated by this attendant. It got so bad that on Tuesday morning he actually had to finish parking my car. I don't know what the hell my problem is but in addition to becoming a wreck when I drive at night I also seem to not be able to park so well. I find myself constantly getting out of the car and having to get back in again to fix my parking. At least I attempt to fix it, I've seen many people just leave their cars parked badly. So Shawn gave me some advice so I could bypass the attendant plus bypass paying the $3. He told me to drive underneath the train tressel , I will come to a traffic light make a left at the light then the first right after that. BAM! There's a few local streets I can park my car on and then I can take a short walk to the train station. It's a win/win/win for me. Parking isn't so tight, I get a little bit of a minor walk in after I park (I love walking), and I found this really cool cemetery it's right there before I get to the street to park on. I actually like cemeteries even though some people would consider it weird. I like to take photos of some of the headstones, it's actually a place that I can go to and be pretty much completely alone except for the dead and they don't really bother you. For some reason I feel a little peaceful in the cemetery it's not a bad escape for me. So to find one close to where I live is pretty cool. I could have walked to it had I known about it. So one plus about pursuing this driving thing even though I am still getting scared of doing it is the finding of this cemetery. Now I just need to find out where the official entrance is so I don't have to climb a fence to get in, relax and take some photographs. Maybe tomorrow if I have time I'll come here. In the morning I plan to go to Pathmark, I'm a little busy in the afternoon but maybe I'll come here and chill out a little before I head to Sayville with Shawn's mother and Jocelyn. I actually want to try to drive to Sayville tomorrow, I'll see if Shawn's mom is okay with it, hopefully my eyes will be okay to handle the drive so she or Jocey won't have to take over the wheel if I try to do it. It also depends on how the roads are, I'm going to have to learn to deal with this but I absolutely can't take traffic and I hate when other cars are near me on the road, this is something I have to get over though.

No comments:

Post a Comment